CPCCLTC4001A – LICENCE TO OPERATE A TOWER CRANE
TOWER CRANE TRAINING COURSE FEE: $1,115
CTF FUNDED COURSE –
- Financial refund of up to 70% may be applicable for successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
- After you’ve completed your course, we will guide you on how to claim for a CTF rebate from the Construction Training Fund.
- There will be a price adjustment from the first week of July 2021.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
CPCCLTC4001A – Licence to Operate a Tower Crane
SUMMARY: TOWER CRANE TRAINING
This CPCCLTC4001A – Licence to Operate a Tower Crane course is aimed at those currently working or seeking work in operational roles in the mining and construction industries who are required to operate a tower crane. This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a tower crane for licensing purposes, and covers a jib or boom/job crane mounted on a tower structure, demountable or permanent, including both horizontal and luffing jib types.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to safely and efficiently operate a tower crane and will be able to:
- The weight of the load is identified and estimated in consultation with appropriate personnel.
- Crane is accessed in safe manner.
- Crane is visually checked for any damage or defects.
- Routine pre-operational crane checks are carried out according to procedures.
- Crane service logbook is checked for compliance.
- Crane is started according to procedures and checked for any abnormal noises.
- All crane safety devices are tested according to procedures.
- Post start operational checks are carried out according to procedures.
- All damage and defects are reported and recorded according to procedures and appropriate action taken.
- Determine lifts are within the capacity of the crane.
- Boom/jib and hoist block is positioned over load following directions from appropriate personnel.
- Test lift is carried out to procedures.
- Loads are transferred using all relevant crane movements according to procedures and appropriate standards.
- All required communication signals are interpreted correctly according to procedures and the appropriate standard.
- Crane equipment is secured correctly, according to procedures and the appropriate standard.
- Must be 18 years old and above
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
On successful completion of this Tower Crane course, students will be issued a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- CPCCLTC4001A – Licence to Operate a Tower Crane
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY (VOC)
Verification of competency for this course is available at Saferight. For more information, please click here.
HIGH RISK WORK LICENCE
A High Risk Work Licence is a photographic licence, issued to people who have been trained and assessed as competent to work in a class of work defined as high-risk work.
Note: Saferight can process your High Risk Work Licence application if you’ve enrolled on a course with us.
A. NEW HIGH RISK WORK LICENCE
If you wish for Saferight to assist and make arrangements for you from start to end, please make an online payment by clicking the week your training falls in. Your enrolment will then be attached to this additional request from you for us to prepare the necessary documents for your High Risk Work Licence.
After you’ve completed your training with us at and have been assessed by a WorkSafe Registered Assessor here at Saferight, we will go through the steps with you to complete all the necessary paperwork for your WorkSafe High Risk Licence.
B. ADD NEW CLASS(ES) TO EXISTING HIGH RISK WORK LICENCE
If you already have an existing High Risk Work Licence for a particular class and wish to add on new class(es), Saferight can assist and make arrangements for you from start to end.
Please make an online payment by clicking the week your training falls in. Your enrolment will then be attached to this additional request from you for us to prepare the necessary documents.
After you’ve completed your training for your new class(es) with us at and have been assessed by a WorkSafe Registered Assessor here at Saferight, we will go through the steps with you to complete all the necessary paperwork for your new class(es) to be added to your existing WorkSafe High Risk Licence.
GROUP BOOKINGS/ON-SITE TRAINING
107 Radium Street, Welshpool, WA 6106
Please refer to our Refund/Cancellation Policy