CT Crane - Tower Crane Training
CPCCLTC4001A – LICENCE TO OPERATE A TOWER CRANE
TOWER CRANE TRAINING COURSE FEE: $1115
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
NATIONAL UNIT OF COMPETENCY
CPCCLTC4001A Licence to Operate a Tower Crane
SUMMARY: TOWER CRANE TRAINING
This Tower Crane training (CPCCLTC4001A) course is aimed at those currently working or seeking work in operational roles in the mining and construction industries who are required to operate a tower crane. This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a tower crane for licensing purposes, and covers a jib or boom/job crane mounted on a tower structure, demountable or permanent, including both horizontal and luffing jib types.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to safely and efficiently operate a tower crane and will be able to:
- The weight of the load is identified and estimated in consultation with appropriate personnel.
- Crane is accessed in safe manner.
- Crane is visually checked for any damage or defects.
- Routine pre-operational crane checks are carried out according to procedures.
- Crane service logbook is checked for compliance.
- Crane is started according to procedures and checked for any abnormal noises.
- All crane safety devices are tested according to procedures.
- Post start operational checks are carried out according to procedures.
- All damage and defects are reported and recorded according to procedures and appropriate action taken.
- Determine lifts are within the capacity of the crane.
- Boom/jib and hoist block is positioned over load following directions from appropriate personnel.
- Test lift is carried out to procedures.
- Loads are transferred using all relevant crane movements according to procedures and appropriate standards.
- All required communication signals are interpreted correctly according to procedures and the appropriate standard.
- Crane equipment is secured correctly, according to procedures and the appropriate standard.
Verification of Competency (VOC) is available for this course. For more information, please click here.
- Must be 18 years old and above
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
On successful completion of this CT Tower Crane Training course, students will be issued a digital copy (PDF) of a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- CPCCLTC4001A Licence to Operate a Tower Crane
There will be additional charges if hard copies of certificates are requested.
Statement of Attainment will be awarded by Construction Skills Training Centre (RTO Number: 1974)
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Students will need to apply a High Risk Licence from WorkSafe on their own.
GROUP BOOKINGS/ON-SITE TRAINING
107 Radium Street, Welshpool, WA 6106