CPCCLTC4001A – LICENCE TO OPERATE A TOWER CRANE
TOWER CRANE TRAINING COURSE FEE: $1115
CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR’S SPECIALS (DEC-JAN): $948
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
CPCCLTC4001A – Licence to Operate a Tower Crane
SUMMARY: TOWER CRANE TRAINING
This CPCCLTC4001A – Licence to Operate a Tower Crane course is aimed at those currently working or seeking work in operational roles in the mining and construction industries who are required to operate a tower crane. This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a tower crane for licensing purposes, and covers a jib or boom/job crane mounted on a tower structure, demountable or permanent, including both horizontal and luffing jib types.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to safely and efficiently operate a tower crane and will be able to:
- The weight of the load is identified and estimated in consultation with appropriate personnel.
- Crane is accessed in safe manner.
- Crane is visually checked for any damage or defects.
- Routine pre-operational crane checks are carried out according to procedures.
- Crane service logbook is checked for compliance.
- Crane is started according to procedures and checked for any abnormal noises.
- All crane safety devices are tested according to procedures.
- Post start operational checks are carried out according to procedures.
- All damage and defects are reported and recorded according to procedures and appropriate action taken.
- Determine lifts are within the capacity of the crane.
- Boom/jib and hoist block is positioned over load following directions from appropriate personnel.
- Test lift is carried out to procedures.
- Loads are transferred using all relevant crane movements according to procedures and appropriate standards.
- All required communication signals are interpreted correctly according to procedures and the appropriate standard.
- Crane equipment is secured correctly, according to procedures and the appropriate standard.
Verification of Competency (VOC) is available for this course. For more information, please click here.
- Must be 18 years old and above
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
On successful completion of this Tower Crane course, students will be issued a digital copy (PDF) of a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- CPCCLTC4001A – Licence to Operate a Tower Crane
There will be additional charges if hard copies of certificates are requested.
Statement of Attainment will be awarded by Construction Skills Training Centre (RTO Number: 1974)
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Students will need to apply a High Risk Licence from WorkSafe on their own.
GROUP BOOKINGS/ON-SITE TRAINING
107 Radium Street, Welshpool, WA 6106