Self-Erecting Tower Crane Training
CPCCLTC4002A – LICENCE TO OPERATE A SELF-ERECTING TOWER CRANE
COURSE FEE: $1950
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
NATIONAL UNIT OF COMPETENCY
CPCCLTC4002A – Licence to Operate a Self-Erecting Tower Crane
This Self-Erecting Tower Crane Training course is aimed at those currently working or seeking work in operational roles in the mining and construction industries who are required to operate a self-erecting tower crane. This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a self-erecting tower crane for licensing purposes, and covers the operation of a crane where the tower structure and boom/jib elements are not disassembled into component sections, which can be transported between sites as a complete unit, and where the erection and dismantling processes are an inherent part of the crane’s function.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to safely and efficiently operate a self-erecting tower crane and will be able to:
- The weight of the load is identified and estimated in consultation with appropriate personnel.
- Crane is accessed in safe manner.
- Crane is visually checked for any damage or defects.
- Routine pre-operational crane checks are carried out according to procedures.
- Crane service logbook is checked for compliance.
- Crane is started according to procedures and checked for any abnormal noises.
- All crane safety devices are tested according to procedures.
- Post start operational checks are carried out according to procedures.
- All damage and defects are reported and recorded according to procedures and appropriate action taken.
- Determine lifts are within the capacity of the crane.
- Boom/jib and hoist block is positioned over load following directions from appropriate personnel.
- Test lift is carried out to procedures.
- Loads are transferred using all relevant crane movements according to procedures and appropriate standards.
- All required communication signals are interpreted correctly according to procedures and the appropriate standard.
- Crane equipment is secured correctly, according to procedures and the appropriate standard.
Verification of Competency (VOC) is available for this course. For more information, please click here.
- Must be 18 years old and above
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation in this Self-Erecting Tower Crane training course
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
On successful completion of this Self-Erecting Tower Crane training course, students will be issued a digital copy (PDF) of a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- CPCCLTC4002A – Licence to Operate a Self-Erecting Tower Crane
There will be additional charges if hard copies of certificates are requested.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Students will need to apply a High Risk Licence from WorkSafe on their own.
GROUP BOOKINGS/ON-SITE TRAINING
107 Radium Street, Welshpool, WA 6106
Saferight has implemented a fee protection policy under the Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations 2015. Click here for more information.
- For full payment for courses below $1500, students must pay the full fee prior to commencement of the course.
- For training courses over $1500,
- Saferight will hold an initial deposit of $1500 to secure the seat.
- Training Day 1- Students will be charged the outstanding balance and capped at $1500.
- Training Day 3 – Any further outstanding balance will be charged and capped at $1500.