Construction Industry – White Card Online
CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
When booking this course, select the date you wish to undertake the practical assessments at our premises.
This course is aimed at those seeking work in the construction industry. The unit relates directly to the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2006).
This course covers the general occupational health and safety induction information you require to work on a construction site in Australia.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to work safely in the construction industry and will learn about:
- Work Health and Safety responsibilities
- Identifying and managing construction hazards and risks
On successful completion, students will be able to:
- Identify health and safety legislative requirements of construction work
- Identify construction hazards and risk control measures
- Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes
- Identify incident and emergency response procedures
WHAT DO I DO AND WHAT DO I NEED?
You will require access to a computer, so your knowledge can be assessed online.
You will be required to read required learning information, watch a series of short videos and correctly answer a range of questions. You have a maximum of 3 attempts to answer all questions correctly in one go. If you do not answer all the questions correctly you will be sent an email with a new link to attempt the course session again.
If you are unsuccessful in all 3 attempts, your theory component will be marked as not sufficient and you will need to re-enrol and pay the course cost again.
The online component is split into two (2) parts. You are required to complete Part 1 first, followed by part 2.
On successful completion of the online components you will be required to attend Saferight’s training centre where you will complete a challenge test to verify the knowledge component was completed by you and undertake the practical assessments.
Once your booking has been processed you will be sent an email containing the login details to commence the online component along with confirmation of the date and time selected for the practical assessments.
To qualify as having completed the course you must:
- Answer each online question correctly.
- Successfully complete the practical assessments which are to be carried out at Saferight’s training premises in Belmont. This is the date you selected when making your booking.
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- A USI
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- On the day of the practical assessment wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
Online knowledge/theory component – 2-6 hours approx.
Practical assessment – 30-90 minutes approx.
On successful completion of the online component and practical assessments students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely within the Construction Industry and wallet sized card (Construction Induction Card).
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund (BCITF). Click here for more information.