Tom Price $340
This course is aimed at those who are required to carry out work at heights. The course covers identifying work requirements and instructions for undertaking the task, accessing and installing equipment, performing the work at heights and cleaning up the work area.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to work safely at heights and will be able to:
- Apply correct fitting of full body harnesses
- Carry out hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Understand the Legislation, Regulations and Standards applicable to working at heights
- Select and use the correct fall prevention and fall arrest equipment including temporary static lines and anchor points
- Carry out inspections and maintenance of equipment
- Understand ground clearance and the pendulum effect
- Apply emergency and rescue procedures in relation to working at heights
- Understand the forces generated in falls
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, WAHA (Working at Heights Association) and industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.