Work Safely at Heights
RIIWHS204E - Work Safely at Heights
COURSE FEE: $265
CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR’S SPECIALS (DEC-JAN): $225
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds of up to 70% may be applicable for successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
RIIWHS204E – Work Safely at Heights
This Work Safely at Heights Course is aimed at those who are required to carry out work at heights. The course covers identifying work requirements and instructions for undertaking the task, accessing and installing equipment, performing the work at heights and cleaning up the work area.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to work safely at heights and will be able to:
- Apply correct fitting of full body harnesses
- Carry out hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Understand the Legislation, Regulations and Standards applicable to working at heights
- Select and use the correct fall prevention and fall arrest equipment including temporary static lines and anchor points
- Carry out inspections and maintenance of equipment
- Understand ground clearance and the pendulum effect
- Apply emergency and rescue procedures in relation to working at heights
- Understand the forces generated in falls
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
1 day (7.30AM – 4.30PM)
On successful completion of this Work at Heights course, students will be emailed a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS204E Work Safely at Heights.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, WAHA (Working at Heights Association) and industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
42 Belmont Avenue, Belmont, WA 6104