WORK SAFELY AND FOLLOW WHS POLICIES & PROCEDURES
RIIWHS201D - WORK SAFELY AND FOLLOW WHS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
COURSE FEE: $150
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
To make a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is designed to give participant’s the skills and knowledge required to work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. This is an appropriate course for those working in operational roles.
Note: The terms Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and Work Health and Safety (WHS) are equivalent and generally either can be used in the workplace. In jurisdictions where the National Model WHS Legislation has not been implemented RTOs are advised to contextualise the unit of competency by referring to the existing State/Territory OHS legislative requirements.
Students will attain the practical application and knowledge required to:
- Carry out isolation of energy sources and immobilisation of potential energy sources
- Locate destinations by interpreting and applying site plans, transport rules and signage
- Identify, act on, and report breaches in site safety
- Apply personal safety measures
- Select and wear personal protective equipment
- Obtain permits and clearances before specialised work is carried out
- Apply safe manual handling procedures
- Identify and apply site procedures for conducting high-risk activities
- Identify and clarify responsibility in responding to emergency situations
- Apply basic firefighting techniques
- Identify emergency escape route(s) and procedures
- Identify risks to personal wellbeing and recognise preventative strategies
- Recognise and communicate incident and injury statistics
- Report and prepare written records of incidents and injuries
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a digital copy (PDF) of a:
- Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS201D – Work Safely and Follow WHS Policies and Procedures
There will be additional charges if hard copies of certificates are requested.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.