WORK SAFELY AND FOLLOW WHS POLICIES & PROCEDURES
RIIWHS201E - WORK SAFELY AND FOLLOW WHS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
THIS COURSE IS COMPLETED 100% ONLINE. NO PRACTICAL MODULE.
COURSE FEE: $155
CTF ELIGIBLE – YOU PAY ONLY $46.50* (Conditions Apply)
- Interested students/applicants will need to fill out Saferight’s Construction Training Fund (CTF) Application Form and “pay the gap” prior to booking a course with us. Click here to fill out Saferight’s CTF form.
- For more information about Construction Training Fund and eligibility criteria, please visit Saferight Construction Training Fund (CTF).
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
RIIWHS201E – Work Safely and Follow WHS Policies and Procedures
This course is designed to give participant’s the skills and knowledge required to work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. This is an appropriate course for those working in operational roles.
Note: The terms Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and Work Health and Safety (WHS) are equivalent and generally either can be used in the workplace. In jurisdictions where the National Model WHS Legislation has not been implemented RTOs are advised to contextualise the unit of competency by referring to the existing State/Territory OHS legislative requirements.
Students will attain the practical application and knowledge required to:
- Carry out isolation of energy sources and immobilisation of potential energy sources
- Locate destinations by interpreting and applying site plans, transport rules and signage
- Identify, act on, and report breaches in site safety
- Apply personal safety measures
- Select and wear personal protective equipment
- Obtain permits and clearances before specialised work is carried out
- Apply safe manual handling procedures
- Identify and apply site procedures for conducting high-risk activities
- Identify and clarify responsibility in responding to emergency situations
- Apply basic firefighting techniques
- Identify emergency escape route(s) and procedures
- Identify risks to personal wellbeing and recognise preventative strategies
- Recognise and communicate incident and injury statistics
- Report and prepare written records of incidents and injuries
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- eLearning Theory Component: Approximately 6 hours
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for:
- RIIWHS201E – Work Safely and Follow WHS Policies and Procedures
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
SUBSIDY/REBATE/DISCOUNT – CONSTRUCTION TRAINING FUND (CTF)
YOU ONLY PAY THE GAP
YOU ONLY PAY THE GAP
*CTF subsidy is granted to those who meet the eligibility criteria, more information can be found here: CTF Eligibility Criteria PDF Guide. Main eligibility criteria include: Reference and project details of 6 months of construction work in WA out of the past 12 months prior to your course commencement with Saferight. For more information about Saferight’s CTF process, please click here. If student is deemed eligible for CTF, there will be a separate administrative fee of $30.
GROUP BOOKINGS/ONSITE TRAINING
Please refer to our Refund/Cancellation Policy