Work at Heights and Elevating Work Platform
RIIWHS204D – Work Safely at Heights
TLILIC0005 – Licence to Operate a Boom-Type Elevating Work Platform (Boom Length 11 metres or more)
This course is aimed at those who are required to work at heights using a boom-type elevating work platform – EWP (WP) with a boom length of 11 metres or more.
The course covers identifying work requirements and instructions for undertaking the task, accessing and installing equipment, performing the work at heights and cleaning up the work area.
Students will be able to:
- Apply and correctly fit a full body harness
- Carry out hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Understand the Legislation, Regulations and Standards
- Select and use the correct fall prevention and fall arrest equipment including temporary static lines and anchor points
- Carry out inspections and maintenance of equipment
- Understand ground clearance and the pendulum effect
- Apply emergency and rescue procedures in relation to working at heights
- Understand the forces generated in falls
- Conduct routine checks including pre and post operational
- Set up and operate the elevating work platform – EWP (WP)
- Shut down and secure the elevating work platform – EWP (WP)
Course cost does not include the WorkSafe High Risk Licence application fee of $95.00. Participants are required to submit their own application to WorkSafe.
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
Group bookings/Onsite training available at your site or ours. Please contact our office on 9334 1000 or email email@example.com for pricing and site requirements.
- Must complete pre-course reading
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a:
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS204D Work safely at Heights and TLILIC0005 Licence to Operate a Boom-Type Elevating Work Platform (Boom Length 11 metres or more).
- Interim High Risk Work Licence, valid for 60 days. Which allows you to operate an EWP whilst your submitted application is being processed by WorkSafe
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY (VOC) IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.