PUASAR032A – Undertake Vertical Rescue
This course is a continuation from the Introduction to Rope Rescue course. It is for those required to undertake vertical rescue in a range of emergency situations.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to carry out a range of vertical rescue situations in all industries and will be able to:
- Prepare and respond to vertical rescue
- Assess the incident scene and carry out hazard identification and risk assessment
- Establish a vertical rescue system
- Perform vertical rescue
- Clean and maintain rescue equipment and PPE
- Understand team rescue principles
- It is a pre-requisite that participants hold a Statement of Attainment for PUASAR022A Participate in a Rescue Operation
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for PUASAR032A Undertake Vertical Rescue and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Certificate does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.