First Response to Fire Incidents
MSMWHS212 – Undertake First Response to Fire Incidents
This course is aimed at those operators who are required to respond to fires in the workplace (other than evacuating to the assembly point).
Participants will attain the practical application and understanding required to contain/extinguish a minor fire or to contain a more major fire while external help arrives.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify fire emergency, different types of fires and raise alarm
- Initiate basic fire responses
- Notify responsible authorities
- Undertake safe evacuation
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
Group bookings/Onsite training available at your site or ours. Please contact our office on 9334 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and site requirements.
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for MSMWHS212 Undertake First Response to Fire Incidents along with a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Certificate does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.