Confined Space Rescue
PUASAR025A – Undertake Confined Space Rescue
This course is aimed at those who are required to undertake rescue operations in confined spaces, as defined in AS 2865-2009 Confined spaces. This course covers a range of confined space rescue situations being carried out as a member of an emergency response team.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to carry out confined space rescue operations and will be able to:
- Prepare for confined space rescue
- Operate atmospheric monitoring and ventilation equipment
- Operate breathing apparatus and other rescue equipment
- Assess and manage confined space rescue
- Understand and apply lock, tag out and isolation procedures
- Provide emergency care
- Conduct rescue operations and operate lifting equipment
- Manage the rescue scene
- Conclude rescue operations
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
Group bookings/Onsite training available at your site or ours. Please contact our office on 9334 1000 or email email@example.com for pricing and site requirements.
- Saferight requires that students hold a current Confined Space Entry Certificate (RIIWHS202D or equivalent) and Operate Breathing Apparatus Certificate (MSMWHS216 or equivalent) issued within in the last 2 years, prior to attending this course. Alternatively, Saferight can provide training in all of the entry requirements above. To facilitate this, the training will be conducted over three days. Additional costs will apply
- Participants must be clean shaven in order to attend the course
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for PUASAR025A Undertake Confined Space Rescue and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Certificate does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.