Supervise Work Permits (Permit Training)
MSMWHS201 - Conduct Hazard Analysis
MSMPER300 - Issue Work Permits
MSMPER201 - Monitor and Control Work Permits
COURSE FEE: $265
CTF FUNDED COURSE –
- Financial refund of up to 70% may be applicable for successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
- After you’ve completed your course, we will guide you on how to claim for a CTF rebate from the Construction Training Fund.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
MSMWHS201 Conduct Hazard Analysis
MSMPER300 Issue Work Permits
MSMPER201 Monitor and Control Work Permits
This course is aimed at those who require knowledge of permit systems and risk control procedures.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to issue, monitor and control work permits for confined spaces and will be able to:
- Identify hazards and apply risk management procedures
- Identify, assess and implement risk treatments
- Complete records and reports
- Identify the need for the work permit
- Prepare work site for authorised work
- Conduct gas testing and monitoring
- Raise and issue work permits
- Monitor work conditions and report any issues which arise
- Take corrective action where non-conformances are identified
- Identify and apply legislative requirements
- Re-validate permits as required
- Close the work permit
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
- Students are required to hold a current RIIWHS202E Enter and Work in Confined Spaces Statement of Attainment or equivalent.
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the units below and a wallet sized card:
- MSMWHS201 – Conduct Hazard Analysis
- MSMPER300 – Issue Work Permits
- MSMPER201 – Monitor and Control Work Permits
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 70% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.
42 Belmont Avenue, Belmont, WA 6104