Rio Tinto Work Safely At Heights Permit Issuer
Tom Price $165
This course covers permitting and includes how to identify hazards, assess the risk and make necessary changes when raising a Working at Height Permit. It also identifies and describes the responsibilities of accountable people on a permit, identifying the currency and validity of a permit and managing the working at heights records.
Participants will review:
- Define safe working height
- Knowledge and understanding of the RTIO HSEQ working at height standard
- How working at height hazards are identified, managed and controlled
- The process for raising and cancelling a working at height permit
- The permit process
- Raising and working within the parameters of a working at heights permit
- Participants must hold a current Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights or equivalent issued within the last two (2) years) prior to attending this course
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a Certificate of Participation and a RIO TINTO Safe Working at Heights Competency Training white card.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.