Rio Tinto Confined Space Permit Issuer
Tom Price $165
This course has been developed and customised for Rio Tinto employees and contractors who are required to issue confined space entry permits.
Confined space permit issuing provides personnel with the knowledge and skills to identify hazards, assess the risk and make necessary changes of all aspects when raising a Confined Space Entry permit.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards, assess the risk and make necessary changes when raising a confined space entry permit
- Correctly raise and cancel a confined space entry permit
- Demonstrate an understanding of the conditions of entry
- Identify and describe the responsibilities of accountable people on confined space entry permit
- Prepare, plan and take precautions for monitoring and take atmospheric readings
- Saferight recommends that participants hold a current Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces or equivalent
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a Certificate of Participation.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.