Rigging – Intermediate & Advanced
CPCCLRG3002A - Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
CPCCLRG4001A – LICENCE TO PERFORM RIGGING ADVANCED LEVEL
COURSE FEE: $1,575
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL IN OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
- There will be a price adjustment from the first week of July 2021.
- No further discounts apply to any combination courses.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
CPCCLRG3002A – Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
CPCCLRG4001A – Licence to perform rigging advanced level
SUMMARY: RIGGING INTERMEDIATE LEVEL
This Rigging Intermediate Course unit specifies the outcomes required to perform rigging work at the intermediate level, which includes all the outcomes for rigging work at the basic level, and also includes rigging of cranes, rigging of conveyors, rigging of dredges and excavators, rigging associated with tilt slabs, rigging associated with demolition work, and dual lifts for licensing purposes.
Students will attain the practical application to perform dogging properly and will be able to:
● Identify potential workplace hazards
● Measure hazard control consistent with appropriate standards to ensure the safety of personnel and equipment
● Obtain site information
● Erect and dismantle all forces and loads associated with associated plant with appropriate personnel
● Identify rigging equipment and associated equipment in consultation with appropriate personnel according to procedures and site information.
● Isolate and report all defective rigging equipment, associated equipment and safety equipment according to procedures.
● Rigging equipment and associated plant positioned for work application and stability according to procedures.
● Temporary ties, propping and shoring, including flexible steel wire rope, and tubing, are connected where required.
● Associated plant and rigging equipment used according to procedures and the appropriate standard.
SUMMARY: RIGGING ADVANCED LEVEL
This course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work in the licencing class of Advanced Rigging. The course will give participants the necessary skills to perform advanced rigging work, which includes all the required skills for rigging work at the basic level, and also includes rigging of cranes, rigging of conveyors, rigging of dredges and excavators, rigging associated with tilt slabs, rigging associated with demolition work, and dual lifts for licensing purposes.
Students will attain the practical application to perform rigging properly and will be able to:
- Plan and prepare work on site
- Identify workplace hazards and the application of appropriate hazard control measures
- Conduct Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Conduct inspections all rigging equipment/gear before and after use, repairing if necessary
- Coordinate transport rigging equipment/gear to site
- Prepare site for rigging work
- Erect span rope and prepare for load movement and placement using correct rigging gear
- Move, place and secure load
- Dismantle, remove and store span rope and rigging equipment/gear
- Personal and general safety
- Span ropes and flying foxes
- Gin poles and shear legs
- Erection of needle supports
- Must hold a valid Basic Rigging licence (CPCCLRG3001A)
- Must be 18 years old and above
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
On successful completion of this Rigging Intermediate Course, students will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- CPCCLRG3002A – Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
- CPCCLRG4001A – Licence to perform rigging advanced level
Statement of Attainment for the course CPCCLRG4001A – Licence to perform rigging advanced level, will be awarded by Construction Skills Training Centre (RTO Number: 1974)
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
NEW HIGH RISK WORK LICENCE/ADD NEW CLASS(ES) TO EXISTING HIGH RISK WORK LICENCE
A High Risk Work Licence is a photographic licence, issued to people who have been trained and assessed as competent to work in a class of work defined as high-risk work.
If you wish for Saferight to assist and make arrangements for you from start to end, please make an online payment by clicking the week your training falls in.
Whether you already have an existing High Risk Work Licence for a particular class and wish to add these 2 new classes or are applying for a new High Risk Work Licence from scratch, Saferight can assist and make arrangements for you from start to end.
Your enrolment will then be attached to this additional request from you for us to prepare the necessary documents for your High Risk Work Licence.
After you’ve completed your training with us at and have been assessed by a WorkSafe Registered Assessor here at Saferight, we will go through the steps with you to complete all the necessary paperwork for your WorkSafe High Risk Licence.
Note: Saferight can process your High Risk Work Licence application if you’ve enrolled on a course with us.
GROUP BOOKINGS/ONSITE TRAINING
107 Radium Street, Welshpool, WA 6106
Saferight has implemented a fee protection policy under the Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations 2015. Click here for more information.
- For full payment for courses below $1500, students must pay the full fee prior to commencement of the course.
- For training courses over $1500,
- Saferight will hold an initial deposit of $1500 to secure the seat.
- Training Day 1- Students will be charged the outstanding balance and capped at $1500.
- Training Day 3 – Any further outstanding balance will be charged and capped at $1500.
Please refer to our Refund/Cancellation Policy