WSRAL001 - RESTRICTED ASBESTOS
COURSE FEE: $350
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
To make a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to amendments that have been made to the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 to provide for a new Asbestos licensing scheme for Western Australia. The scheme has been developed to establish a new Restricted Asbestos License for anyone who is removing 10 square meters of bonded asbestos.
Students will attain the practical application and knowledge required to:
- Introduction and Legislation
- WA OHS Policies and Procedures
- OHS ACT
- Department of Health Regulations
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations WA 1996: Regulations relating to demolition, Regulations relating to friable asbestos removal
- Department of environmental and conservation Guidelines for remediation of contaminated sites
- NOHSC:2002 (2005) Code of Practice
- NOHSC:2018 (2018) Code of Practice
- Terms Used to describe Asbestos
- Types of Asbestos
- Various uses
- Fibre size
- The Health Risks
- Risk Management
- Identify the hazard, Asbestos in domestic premises
- Types of hazards
- Assessing Risks
- Hierarchy of Control
- Protective Clothing
- Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- Removal of Asbestos
- Planning -Procedures, Preparation, Removal
- Cleaning up – Procedures
- Disposal of waste
- Obtaining a restricted Asbestos License
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this Restricted Asbestos course, students will be issued with a digital copy (PDF) of a:
- Statement of Attainment for WSRAL001 – Restricted Asbestos
There will be additional charges if hard copies of certificates are requested.
Statement of Attainment will be awarded by Construction Skills Training Centre (RTO Number: 1974)
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.