HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to learn essential first aid skills and who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations.
Participants will attain the practical application and understanding required to provide first aid response to a casualty. Participants will be able to:
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures including:
- performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin
- performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin
- Responded to at least two simulated first aid scenarios contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- conducted a visual and verbal assessment of the casualty
- demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- post-incident debrief and evaluation
- provide an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
- Communicate details of the incident
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
Group bookings/Onsite training available at your site or ours. Please contact our office on 9334 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and site requirements.
- Complete pre-learning material prior to attending the course
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a National Recognised Statement of Attainment for HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation along with a wallet sized card. The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to Certificates being issued.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines state CPR skills should be refreshed every 12 months.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.