Provide First Aid – Online Course
HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
COURSE FEE: PRICE UPON APPLICATION (POA)
Please email email@example.com to make a booking.
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
When booking this course, you will:
- First select the date you wish come to our Saferight training facility for a practical assessment
- Before attending the practical assessment, you will need to undertake an online learning course module and theory assessment.
This Provide First Aid course is aimed at those who are looking to complete an online learning module of the Theory Component to achieve a Statement of Attainment for HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to learn essential first aid skills and who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations.
Participants will attain the practical application and understanding required to provide first aid response to a casualty. Participants will be able to:
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures including:
- Performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation mannequin
- Performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation mannequin
- Responded to at least two simulated first aid scenarios contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- Conducted a visual and verbal assessment of the casualty
- Demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- Post-incident debrief and evaluation
- Provide an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
- Communicate details of the incident
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
ONLINE THEORY COMPONENT
You will need access to a computer where you will have access to the Training Manual and will be required to correctly answer a range of questions.
On successful completion of the online theory component you will then be required to come to Saferight’s training centre where you will complete a practical assessment to verify this was completed by you and application of your skills can be re-assessed.
Once your booking has been processed you will be sent an email containing the login details to commence the online theory component along with confirmation of the date and time selected for the re-assessment of your skills.
To qualify as having completed the course you must:
- Answer each online question correctly.
- Provide a copy of your USI transcript.
- Complete Student Enrolment Form
- Successfully complete the skills re-assessment which is to be carried out at Saferight’s training centre. This is the date you selected when making your booking.
Completion of the practical assessments will take place onsite at our training centre at which point you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have. You will then complete the practical assessment.
Online knowledge component – 2-3 hours approx. – [Completed at home]
Practical Training – 1 Day – [Completed at our training facility]
- Complete online learning module prior to attending the course
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a National Recognised Statement of Attainment for HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation along with a wallet sized card. The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to Certificates being issued.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines state CPR skills should be refreshed every 12 months.