PERSONNEL AND MATERIALS HOIST
CPCCLHS3001A - Licence to Operate a Personnel and Materials Hoist
COURSE FEE: $450
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
This course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work in the licencing class of Personnel and Materials Hoist Operation. This course will give participants the necessary skills to operate a builder’s hoist in which personnel, goods and/or materials may be hoisted, and which comprises a car, structure, machinery or other equipment associated with the hoist, and which may be a cantilever hoist, a tower hoist or a multiple winch operation. Included in this definition are situations where winches may be configured to operate as hoists for the transportation of personnel for licensing purposes.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding to:
- Communicate techniques in the workplace including bells, lights, intercom and use of two-way radios
- Conduct personnel and materials hoist operations
- Operate emergency brake and decent system
- Hazards associated with the operation of the personnel and materials hoist are identified, risks are assessed and effective hazard prevention/control measures for those hazards identified and put into place
- Inspect personnel and materials hoist equipment, safety equipment and installation for safe operation including general maintenance
- Communication skills at a level sufficient to communicate with other site personnel (e.g. receive and interpret work instructions, safety information, emergency procedures)
- Verify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate appropriate response.
- Weight of the load is determined from labels, markings or load paperwork
- Level of literacy to be able to read and comprehend manufacturer’s instructions, procedures and safety signs
- Commonwealth, state or territory OHS legislation, standards and codes of practice relevant to the full range of processes for the hoist class
- Hoist operations and operating techniques
- Understanding of the hierarchy of hazard identification and control
- Materials safety data sheets and requirements for safe movement of materials
- Organisational and workplace standards, requirements, policies and procedures for conducting operations for the hoist class
- Procedures for the recording, reporting and maintenance of workplace records and information
- Rated capacity and working load limits
- Typical routine problems encountered in the operation of a personnel and materials hoist, inspection techniques and adjustments required for correction.
- Must be 18 years old and above
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a digital copy (PDF) of a:
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for CPCCLHS3001A- Licence to Operate Personnel and Materials Hoist
There will be additional charges if hard copies of certificates are requested.
Statement of Attainment will be awarded by Construction Skills Training Centre (RTO Number: 1974)
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.