Operate Breathing Apparatus
MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus
COURSE FEE: $310
CTF FUNDED COURSE –
- Financial refund of up to 70% may be applicable for successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
- After you’ve completed your course, we will guide you on how to claim for a CTF rebate from the Construction Training Fund.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus
The MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus training course in Perth is aimed at ensuring the health and safety of personnel who have to undertake work activities within an irrespirable atmosphere. It provides a guide to maintaining and operating an open-circuit self-contained breathing apparatus, correct testing and donning procedures as per AS/NZS 1715 : 2009 and 1716 : 2012. It informs participants of the requirements of when and where breathing apparatus equipment is required as respiratory protection. The course also includes the proper cleaning and reinstating of breathing apparatus and other related safety equipment.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to effectively operate breathing apparatus and will be able to:
- Understand the respiratory system and the effects of irrespirable atmospheres on the body
- Apply the principles of breathing apparatus control
- Carry out inspection and pre-donning checks and correctly don breathing apparatus equipment
- Operate breathing apparatus
- Clean and maintain breathing apparatus and related equipment
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
- Participants must be clean shaven in order to attend the course
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
1/2 day (4 hours)
On successful completion of the MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus safety training course, students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus and a wallet-sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 70% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.
107 Radium Street, Welshpool, WA 6106
Please refer to our Refund/Cancellation Policy
SAFELY OPERATE BREATHING APPARATUS EQUIPMENT
As a Nationally Recognised Training Organisation (RTO Code 5722), we conduct quality safety training in Perth, including how to safely operate breathing apparatus equipment for certification in MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus. Our nationally accredited training courses are industry recognised by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment on behalf of the State and Territory Governments.
SAFERIGHT OFFERS NATIONALLY RECOGNISED SAFETY TRAINING IN PERTH
With a Registered Training Organisation Code 5722, we conduct quality safety training courses with assessments in Perth and across Western Australia for the Mining, Oil and Gas, Construction, Utilities and Government Sectors. Our experienced facilitators use the latest equipment produced by Saferight here in WA to demonstrate up-to-date techniques on how to properly, safely and efficiently conduct scaffolding in worksites.