Operate Breathing Apparatus Course
MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
This Operate Breathing Apparatus course is aimed at ensuring the health and safety of personnel who have to undertake work activities within an irrespirable atmosphere. It provides a guide to maintaining and operating an open circuit breathing apparatus, correct testing and donning procedures as per AS/NZS 1715 : 2009 and 1716 : 2012. It informs participants of the requirements of when and where breathing apparatus is required as respiratory protection and concluding operations of cleaning and reinstating breathing apparatus.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to effectively operate breathing apparatus and will be able to:
- Understand the respiratory system and the effects of irrespirable atmospheres on the body
- Apply the principles of breathing apparatus control
- Carry out inspection and pre-donning checks and correctly don breathing apparatus
- Operate breathing apparatus
- Clean and maintain breathing apparatus
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
- Participants must be clean shaven in order to attend the course
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this Operate Breathing Apparatus course, students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for MSMWHS216 Operate Breathing Apparatus and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 70% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.