Operate Breathing Apparatus - Online Course
MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus
COURSE FEE: PRICE UPON APPLICATION (POA)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a booking.
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
When booking this course, you will:
- First select the date you wish come to our Saferight training facility for a practical assessment
- Before attending the practical assessment, you will need to undertake an online learning course module and theory assessment.
This Operate Breathing Apparatus Online course is aimed at those who are looking to complete an online learning module of the Theory Component to achieve a Statement of Attainment for MSMWHS216 Operate Breathing Apparatus.
This course is aimed at ensuring the health and safety of personnel who have to undertake work activities within an irrespirable atmosphere. It provides a guide to maintaining and operating an open circuit breathing apparatus, correct testing and donning procedures as per AS/NZS 1715 : 2009 and 1716 : 2012. It informs participants of the requirements of when and where breathing apparatus is required as respiratory protection and concluding operations of cleaning and reinstating breathing apparatus.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to effectively operate breathing apparatus and will be able to:
- Understand the respiratory system and the effects of irrespirable atmospheres on the body
- Apply the principles of breathing apparatus control
- Carry out inspection and pre-donning checks and correctly don breathing apparatus
- Operate breathing apparatus
- Clean and maintain breathing apparatus
ONLINE THEORY COMPONENT
You will need access to a computer where you will have access to the Training Manual and will be required to correctly answer a range of questions.
On successful completion of the online knowledge component you will then be required to come to Saferight’s training centre where you will complete a practical assessment to verify this was completed by you and application of your skills can be re-assessed.
Once your booking has been processed you will be sent an email containing the login details to commence the online theory component along with confirmation of the date and time selected for the re-assessment of your skills.
To qualify as having completed the course you must:
- Answer each online question correctly.
- Provide a copy of your USI transcript.
- Complete Student Enrolment Form
- Successfully complete the skills re-assessment which is to be carried out at Saferight’s training premises. This is the date you selected when making your booking.
Completion of the practical assessments will take place onsite at our training centre at which point you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have. You will then complete the practical assessment.
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- A copy of your USI transcript
- On the day of the skills re-assessment wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement.
Online knowledge component – 2-3 hours approx. – [Completed at home]
Practical Training – Half Day – [Completed at our training facility]
On successful completion of all requirements of this course you will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for MSMWHS216 Operate Breathing Apparatus and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.