Elevating Work Platform (EWP)
TLILIC0005 – Licence to Operate a Boom-Type Elevating Work Platform (Boom Length 11 Metres or More)
NORMAL ADVERTISED COURSE FEE: $572
PAY NOW: ONLY $440 (DEPOSIT). ZERO BALANCE TO PAY.
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY FOR A REBATE OF UP TO 70%!
- Price includes BBQ lunch and drink. Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
- CTF application admin costs are covered by CTF funding and supported by CFMEU.
- Proudly supported by WA Govt/CTF, Construction Industry, CFMEU and Saferight Pty Ltd for the safety and upskilling of construction workers.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a booking.
This course is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work. It is aimed at those required to operate a boom-type elevating work platform – EWP (WP) with a boom length of 11 metres or more.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to plan the work, conduct routine checks, set up, operate, shut down and secure the elevating work platform – EWP (WP) and will be able to:
- Carry out hazard identification and risk assessment
- Understand legislative requirements
- Conduct routine checks including pre and post operational
- Set up and operate the elevating work platform – EWP (WP)
- Shut down and secure the elevating work platform – EWP (WP)
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a:
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for TLILIC0005 Licence to Operate a Boom Type Elevating Work Platform (Boom Length 11 metres or more).
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
GROUP BOOKINGS/ONSITE TRAINING
Group bookings/Onsite training available at your site or ours. Please contact our office at 1800 352 335 or email email@example.com for pricing and site requirements.
What is an EWP Licence?
An EWP Licence is required to operate an Elevated Work Platform (EWP) in Australia. An EWP can be defined as a hinged device, articulated device, telescoping device or combination of these that supports a platform that can elevate materials, equipment or personnel so work can be performed.
Once you have successfully completed our EWP training, you will be entitled to apply for a High-Risk Work Licence endorsed with the ‘WP’ class. Whether this is your first High-Risk Work Licence or you are adding the ‘WP’ class to an existing licence, we can help you through the process.
Once you have passed our EWP training, the licence application process is simple. In most cases you will just need to fill out the application form, provide proof of identification and/or address, provide a photo, and enclose the necessary fee. All new licences will be valid for five years, while classes added to existing licences will be due for renewal on the expiry date of the first class endorsed on the licence.
How do I renew my EWP licence?
It is important to renew your licence before its expiry date as you will not be permitted to work with EWPs if it expires. As with any High Risk Work Licence, your EWP licence will come up for renewal every five years. You will receive renewal notice 90 days before your licence is due to expire, so be sure that all of your contact details are up to date. Also ensure that you include all classes of high risk work you are certified for when filling the form so they will all be renewed at the same time.
Will my EWP licence be recognised in every State/Territory of Australia?
Absolutely. All valid High Risk Work Licences, including EWP, allow you to work in all States and Territories in Australia in the classes you have been found competent for. It is worth noting, however, that any cancellations or suspensions of your licence will also apply throughout Australia.