Operate a Light Vehicle
RIIVEH201D – Operate a Light Vehicle
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
This course is aimed at those working in operational roles that are required to operate light vehicles.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding of defensive driving techniques and will be able to:
- Plan and prepare for vehicle operations
- Understand defensive driving techniques
- Identify, address and report potential hazards and risks
- Select and wear appropriate PPE
- Carry out pre-start, start-up, park-up and shutdown procedures
- Operate the vehicle and associated equipment
- Conduct inspection and perform maintenance
- Perform wheel change
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
- A current Australian Manual Drivers License (C Class). Licenses must be presented to the Assessor prior to commencement of the course. (Please advise when booking courses if any participants hold an extraordinary license as particular conditions may apply)
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIVEH201D Operate a Light Vehicle and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.