Operate a Light Vehicle – Online Course
RIIVEH201D – Operate a Light Vehicle
COURSE FEE: PRICE UPON APPLICATION (POA)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a booking.
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
When booking this course, you will:
- First select the date you wish come to our Saferight training facility for a practical assessment
- Before attending the practical assessment, you will need to undertake an online learning course module and theory assessment.
This Operate a Light Vehicle online course is aimed at those who are looking to complete an online learning module of the Theory Component to achieve a Statement of Attainment for RIIVEH201D Operate a Light Vehicle. This course is aimed at those working in operational roles that are required to operate light vehicles.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding of defensive driving techniques and will be able to:
- Plan and prepare for vehicle operations
- Understand defensive driving techniques
- Identify, address and report potential hazards and risks
- Select and wear appropriate PPE
- Carry out pre-start, start-up, park-up and shutdown procedures
- Operate the vehicle and associated equipment
- Conduct inspection and perform maintenance
- Perform wheel change
ONLINE THEORY COMPONENT
You will need access to a computer where you will have access to the Training Manual and will be required to correctly answer a range of questions.
On successful completion of the online theory component you will then be required to come to Saferight’s training centre where you will complete a practical assessment to verify this was completed by you and application of your skills can be re-assessed.
Once your booking has been processed you will be sent an email containing the login details to commence the online theory component along with confirmation of the date and time selected for the re-assessment of your skills.
To qualify as having completed the course you must:
- Answer each online question correctly.
- Provide a copy of your USI transcript.
- Complete Student Enrolment Form
- Successfully complete the skills re-assessment which is to be carried out at Saferight’s training centre. This is the date you selected when making your booking.
Completion of the practical assessments will take place onsite at our training centre at which point you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have. You will then complete the practical assessment.
Online knowledge component – 2-3 hours approx. – [Completed at home]
Practical Training – Half Day – [Completed at our training facility]
- A current Australian Manual Drivers License (C Class). Licenses must be presented to the Assessor prior to commencement of the course. (Please advise when booking courses if any participants hold an extraordinary license as particular conditions may apply)
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIVEH201D Operate a Light Vehicle and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.