Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck
TLILIC2001 – Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck
This course is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work. It is aimed at those required to operate a forklift (LF)
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to plan the work, conduct routine checks, set up, shift loads, shut down and secure the forklift (LF) and will be able to:
- Carry out hazard identification and risk assessment
- Understand legislative requirements
- Conduct routine checks including pre and post operational
- Set up the forklift (LF) and shift loads
- Shut down and secure the forklift (LF)
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older
- Must complete pre-course reading
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a:
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for TLILIC2001 Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck.
- Interim High Risk Work Licence, valid for 60 days. Which allows you to operate a Forklift whilst your submitted application is being processed by WorkSafe.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, your High Risk Work Licence expires every 5 years. You must not carry out high risk work until your licence has been renewed.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.