IRATA/ROPE ACCESS LEVEL 2 TRAINING
IRATA/ROPE ACCESS LEVEL 2
COURSE FEE: $1500
OFFER: PAIR THIS COURSE WITH A DOGGING/RIGGING/SCAFFOLDING COURSE & GET 10% OFF THE TOTAL COURSE FEE
This IRATA/Rope Access Level 2 course is designed to provide personnel whose specific job requires knowledge and skill proficiency in rope access techniques where they may be required to perform limited supervision and standard rescue procedures.
Participants will attain the practical application and understanding required to effectively perform industrial rope access tasks and will be able to:
- Understand and apply the principles of rope access and legislative requirements
- Understand the proper use, inspection, and care of equipment
- Understand safety management programs, relevant policies, work permits, work zones, and job safety analysis (SWMS), pre-start meetings and tool box talks and emergency procedures
- Perform descending and ascending techniques
- Carry out changeovers and rope transfers
- Carry out rescue techniques and technical manoeuvres
- Assemble equipment which includes the following techniques: basic knots stopper, barrel, figure of eight, figure of eight on the bite, figure of nine on the bite, double fisherman’s, bunny ears, alpine butterfly etc
- Intermediate rigging and angles
- Explain and apply hauling techniques
- Apply deviation techniques
- Understand basic anchor systems and use ancillary equipment
- Complete and maintain site records
- Create a site specific rescue plan
- Carry out supervision of personnel/equipment/materials
- Maintain communications and exclusion zones
- 4 days of training
- 1 day of assessment
IRATA LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATION
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be issued:
- Internationally recognised IRATA Level 2 certification. Once awarded an IRATA certificate, it is valid for three (3) years.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
- Valid IRATA Certificate Level 1 / 1000 hours of work experience
- Physically fit for training
GROUP BOOKINGS/ONSITE TRAINING
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 70% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.