Introduction to Rope Rescue – Refresher
PUASAR022A – Participate in a Rescue Operation
PUAEME001B – Provide Emergency Care
This refresher course is designed for those who have previously undertaken the Introduction to Rope Rescue course and need to refresh their knowledge and skills.
Participants will review and apply the processes for:
- Preparing and responding to rescue situations
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Identifying, selecting and preparing the necessary rescue equipment
- Identifying the need for emergency care
- Assessing casualties and implementing emergency care
- Communicating appropriately with casualties and emergency services personnel
- Equipment maintenance
- Accurately completing required documentation in line with legislative, regulatory and organisational requirements
- Following industry standards, it is a Saferight requirement that students provide a copy of the following Statements of Attainment to show that the following was obtained within the last five (5) years:
- RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights or equivalent,
- PUASAR022A Participate in a Rescue Operation or equivalent, and
- PUAEME001B Provide Emergency Care or HLTFA211A Provide Basic Emergency Life Support.
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for PUASAR022A Participate in a Rescue Operation and PUAEME001B Provide Emergency Care and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.