Introduction to Rapid Response
This Rapid Response course is designed to enable participants to perform the recovery of a fallen or suspended worker with a rapid response kit to facilitate the prevention and control of suspension intolerance (Pre-Syncope).
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to carry out rapid response and will be able to:
- Prevent and control suspension intolerance (Pre-Syncope)
- Correctly use Rapid Response Equipment Kits
- Identify and select correct knots and anchor points
- Demonstrate rapid response techniques
- Saferight requires that participants hold a Work Safely at Heights Certificate (RIIWHS204D or equivalent) issued within the last 2 years, prior to attending this course
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this Rapid Response course, students will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance and a wallet sized card.
THIS COURSE IS NOT NATIONALLY RECOGNISED.
Your Certificate does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the Rapid Response course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 70% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.