High Risk Training – Private Group Bookings

Summary of High Risk Training Perth by Saferight

Saferight offers a range of high risk license training courses based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
All training including verification of competency assessments for High Risk Licenses is available for group bookings only and will need to take place on the client’s premises.
The client will be responsible for all costs associated with equipment hire.

To prevent any issues with site access please ensure you check with the relevant site that Saferight are an approved provider.

Saferight currently offer the following High Risk License Courses:

  • Licence to perform dogging
  • Licence to perform rigging basic level
  • Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
  • Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level
  • Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level
  • Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding advanced level
  • Licence to operate a tower crane
  • Licence to operate a self-erecting tower crane
  • Licence to operate a vehicle loading crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above)
  • Licence to operate a bridge and gantry crane
  • Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
  • Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 60 tonnes)
  • Licence to operate a forklift truck
Elevating Work Platform
  • Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)

If you would like to request a quote please email bookings@saferight.com.au

A High Risk Licence must be renewed every five years.

What is a High Risk Work Licence?


A High Risk Work Licence is a photographic licence issued to any person aged 18 years or over who has been fully trained to carry out high risk work in the areas listed in the table above. Once it is issued, subject to identification and age checks, your licence will remain valid for five years.


Once your licence expires you are not permitted to carry out any high risk work. It is important to keep your address and other details up to date so you can receive timely renewal reminders and other important information.


What happens if my licence is stolen, lost or damaged? What documents will I need to provide?


Replacing a lost, stolen or damaged High Risk Work Licence is a relatively simple process. You will need to fill out the relevant application form and submit it with confirmation of identity, photograph and the necessary fee. You will need to submit two forms of identification: Primary (e.g. passport, birth cert or driving licence) and Secondary (e.g. ATM card, bank statement or utility bill).


Can I add new classes to my High Risk Work Licence?


Yes, no problem. We can provide all the training you need to qualify for the new classes you require and guide you through the process of adding them to your licence. You will need to get your application in within 60 days of your satisfactory assessment. Once the classes have been added you can work in multiple occupations using a single license. It is important remember that all classes on your licence will be valid for five years from the first class endorsed on the licence. When you renew, all classes will be renewed for another five years.


Is my High Risk Work Licence recognised in every State/Territory of Australia?


Yes, your high risk licence will allow you to carry out high risk work in any State or Territory in Australia.  However, it is important to note that any suspensions or cancellations made in one State or Territory will apply throughout Australia.


How will my license be checked?


It is the duty of any business or employer to check that you have a valid High Risk Work Licence and that you qualify for all of the relevant classes of work. It is also in your interests to make sure your licence is fully in order before applying for any job to avoid disappointment. Always check that:


  • Your licence has not expired
  • You are licenced for the relevant classes of work
  • You are able to present the original licence, not a photocopy


Remember, prospective employers can quickly and easily check the validity of all licences with the licencing authority if they are in doubt.


You can rest assured that Saferight will guide you through every aspect of the High Risk Work licencing process. Contact us today to find out more about our fully certified training options.