Work at Heights + Confined Space Entry
RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
MSMPER205 – Enter Confined Space
MSMPER200 – Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit
COURSE FEE: $465
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds of up to 70% may be applicable for successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
This course is aimed at those who are required to work at heights and in confined spaces.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to:
- Correctly fit and use PPE including full body harnesses
- Identify hazards, assess the risks and implement the controls
- Follow the legislation, regulations and standards applicable to working at heights
- Select and use the correct fall prevention and fall arrest equipment
- Clean, maintain and inspect the equipment
- Apply basic emergency response procedures in relation to working at heights and confined spaces
- Understand the forces generated in falls, ground clearance and the pendulum effect
- Define and identify different types of confined spaces
- Enter and work in confined spaces in line with the issuer permit and as per AS2865
- Follow and apply isolation procedures
- Carry out purging and ventilation
- Understand and apply the roles and responsibilities of standby personnel
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
2 consecutive days
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights, RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces, MSMPER205 – Enter Confined Space, MSMPER200 – Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit, and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea, tea, coffee and water for all courses run at Saferight. Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 70% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.