Work at Heights + Confined Space Entry + Gas Test
RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
MSMPER205 – Enter Confined Space
MSMPER200 – Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit
MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
This course is aimed at those who are required to work at heights, enter and work in confined spaces and carry out atmospheric testing as part of their occupation.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to:
- Apply correct fitting of full body harnesses
- Carry out hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Understand the legislation, regulations and standards applicable to working at heights
- Select and use the correct fall prevention and fall arrest equipment including temporary static lines and anchor points
- Carry out inspections and maintenance of equipment
- Understand ground clearance and the pendulum effect
- Apply emergency and rescue procedures in relation to working at heights and confined spaces
- Understand the forces generated in falls
- Define and identify different types of confined spaces
- Apply the entry requirements as per AS 2865
- Follow and apply isolation procedures
- Carry out purging, ventilation and cleaning requirements
- Correctly use PPE including respiratory protective equipment, lifelines and harnesses
- Understand and apply the roles and responsibilities of standby personnel
- Determine the type of gas/atmosphere to be tested
- Use gas testing equipment and interpret and report the readings
- Monitor the atmosphere throughout the work task
- Clean and maintain testing equipment
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights, RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces, MSMPER205 – Enter Confined Space, MSMPER200 – Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit, and MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.