Work at Heights + Confined Space Entry + Gas Test – Refresher
RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
MSMPER205 – Enter Confined Space
MSMPER200 – Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit
MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
This refresher course is aimed at those who have previously undertaken training in work at heights, enter and work in confined spaces and gas test atmospheres and need to refresh their skills and knowledge.
Participants will review:
- Legislative requirements
- Risks associated with working at height and confined spaces
- Priority of access
- Forces in falls
- Physical controls
- Fall arrest equipment
- Types of anchors
- Rescue procedures
- Definition of a confined space
- Atmospheric identification and management
- Emergency response procedures
- Types of gasses/atmospheres to be tested
- Gas testing equipment and interpreting and reporting the readings
- Ongoing monitoring
- Cleaning and maintaining testing equipment
- Participants must hold a current Statement of Attainment for the competencies listed, issued within the last two (2) years) prior to attending this course
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights, RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces, MSMPER205 – Enter Confined Space, MSMPER200 – Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit, and MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, WAHA (Working at Heights Association) and industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.