Height Safety Supervisor (Advanced Work Safely at Heights)
This course is designed for those responsible for supervising work at heights. It covers rapid response training and advanced fall arrest techniques.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to perform harness based work at heights, supervise other operators including those at entry level and to participate in first response rescue and will be able to:
- Understand and apply legislative requirements
- Carry out hazard identification and risk control
- Understand permit requirements and the duties and responsibilities of all personnel involved
- Apply work positioning techniques — Use of Bosuns Chair
- Carry out rescue planning including self-rescue/contact rescue
- Rapid Response
- Working at Heights Permit Requirements
Advanced Fall Arrest Techniques including:
- Anchor Selection
- Provision of Anchors (Drop Lines)
- Set Up and Use of Temporary (Static) Lifelines
- Limited Free Fall
- Participants must hold a current Statement of Attainment for Work Safely at Heights (RIIWHS204D or equivalent issued within the last two (2) years) prior to attending this course
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance. Students will also receive a wallet sized card.
Your Certificate does not have an expiry date, however, some companies may have a set re-certification period.
THIS COURSE IS NOT NATIONALLY RECOGNISED.
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.