Drive Heavy Rigid Vehicle
TLIC3004 - Drive Heavy Rigid Vehicle
COURSE FEE: PRICE UPON APPLICATION (POA)
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
This Heavy Rigid Licence unit involves the skills and knowledge required to drive a heavy rigid vehicle safely, in compliance with relevant state/territory roads and traffic authority licence requirements and regulations for heavy rigid vehicles. This Heavy Rigid Licence course from Saferight includes maintaining systematic and efficient control of all vehicle functions, monitoring traffic and road conditions, managing vehicle condition and performance, and effectively managing hazardous situations.
Students will attain the practical application to perform dogging properly and will be able to:
● Start, steer, manoeuvre, position and stop heavy rigid vehicle in accordance with traffic regulations and manufacturer instructions
● Manage engine power to ensure efficiency and performance, and to minimise engine and gear damage
● Maintain engine operation within manufacturer specified torque range and temperature, through effective gear selection and smooth transition in gear changes
● Manage and operate heavy rigid vehicle braking system to ensure effective vehicle control under all conditions
● Identify and/or anticipate driving hazards through defensive driving
● Drive the heavy rigid vehicle in reverse, maintain visibility and achieve accurate positioning
● Park heavy rigid vehicle, shut down and secure in accordance with manufacturer specifications, traffic regulations and workplace procedures
● Over width and overweight permit applications are completed and submitted in accordance with relevant regulatory requirements as required
● Appropriate procedures are followed in a driving emergency
- Must hold a current “C” class licence as a minimum
- Must be 18 years old and above
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this courses, you will be issued a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment.
- TLIC3004 – Drive Heavy Rigid Vehicle
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Must have held a C Class (Car) licence for a minimum of 2 years. Licence must be issued in WA