Gas Test Atmospheres Course
MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
COURSE FEE: $200
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds of up to 70% may be applicable for successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
This Gas Test Atmospheres course is for those who are required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or work-space to determine if it is safe.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to effectively carry out atmospheric gas testing in all industries and will be able to:
- Determine the type of gas/atmosphere to be tested
- Apply hazard identification and risk assessment
- Use gas testing equipment and interpret and report the readings
- Monitor the atmosphere on an ongoing basis
- Clean and maintain testing equipment
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this Gas Test Atmospheres course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for MSMWHS217 Gas Test Atmospheres and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the Gas Test Atmospheres course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 70% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.