Fire Warden Training
PUAFER005 – Operate as Part of an Emergency Control Organisation
COURSE FEE: $190
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds of up to 70% may be applicable for successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
This Fire Warden Training course is aimed at those in the role of a Fire Warden and are responsible for participating in the preparation of workplace emergency procedures; alerting and reporting potential workplace emergencies; evaluating the need to evacuate a work area; preparing for an evacuation; and assisting people who may require support in accordance with workplace emergency procedures.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding essential to perform the responsibilities of a fire warden and will be able to:
- Identify emergency reports, signals and warnings
- Carry out emergency assessment and reporting
- Monitor and respond to hazards and situation developments
- Carry out hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- Provide assistance to those who require it.
- Carry out initial emergency response including evacuation, seeking emergency services advice or attendance, supplying emergency equipment and undertaking search activities
- Account for evacuated people using a range of methods
- Prepare and conduct post initial response and participate in de-briefing sessions
- Report evacuation results
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the emergency control team
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
No prior training is required for our Fire Warden Training Course. Students will be required to present photo I.D. on arrival and complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation.
On successful completion of this Fire Warden Training course, students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for PUAFER005 Operate as Part of an Emergency Control Organisation and a wallet size card. The Unique Student Identifier must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Certificate does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the Fire Warden Training course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 70% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.