Confined Space Entry Course
RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
MSMPER205 – Enter Confined Space
MSMPER200 – Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit
COURSE FEE: $265
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds of up to 70% may be applicable for successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
This Confined Space course is aimed at people who work in confined spaces. In roles and who have the responsibility of the an entrant or a standby person. It covers planning and preparing for entry of a confined spaces and working in confined spaces, as well as exiting confined spaces and cleaning up.
Students will be trained in the practical application. Learn to apply and work in confined spaces:
- Define and identify different types of confined spaces
- Apply the entry requirements as per AS 2865
- Carry out hazard identification, assessment and control
- Understand the Legislation, Regulations and Standards applicable to Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- Follow and apply isolation procedures and methods
- Understand and apply atmospheric management and monitoring
- Carry out purging, ventilation and cleaning requirements
- Accurately apply and follow entry permits
- Correctly use PPE including respiratory protective equipment, lifelines and harnesses
- Follow rescue procedures
- Understand and apply the roles and responsibilities of standby personnel
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces, MSMPER205 Enter Confined Space and MSMPER200 Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the Confined Space course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 70% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.