First Attack Fire Fighting Equipment
CPPFES2005A – Demonstrate First Attack Fire Fighting Equipment
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
This course is for those who may be required to use portable fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to operate first attack fire fighting equipment in emergency situations and will be able to:
- Understand and interpret legislative requirements
- Understand the classification of fires
- Demonstrate the correct use of portable fire extinguishers to extinguish fires
- Correctly use fire hose reels
- Follow the correct procedures for the use of fire blankets
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for CPPFES2005A Demonstrate First Attack Fire Fighting Equipment and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Certificate does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.