CONTROL TRAFFIC WITH A STOP-SLOW BAT
RIIWHS205E - CONTROL TRAFFIC WITH A STOP-SLOW BAT
COURSE FEE: $300
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
This course has been developed for those seeking Main Roads WA accreditation for Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM). The course has been developed for participants to develop the communication, knowledge and skills required to Control traffic with a stop-slow bat within their working environment.
- Site and equipment safety requirements
- Traffic controlling requirements and procedures
- Complying with traffic management plans
- Reading and interpreting the work instruction and planning work activity accordingly
- Positioning signage and barriers
- Directing and controlling vehicle traffic
- Directing and controlling pedestrian traffic
- Communicating to drivers and pedestrians clearly using hand signals
- Using approved communication devices such as hand held radios or phones to transmit message and report of offenders
- Removing or covering signs after work completion
- Must have completed RIIWHS201D – Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- White Card
- Current or previous valid driver’s licence (no scooters, L Plates). If you do not hold an Australian Drivers Licence please contact the office.
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a digital copy (PDF) of a:
- Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS205E – Control Traffic with a Stop-Slow Bat
- Statement of Attainment for RIICOM201D – Communicate In The Workplace
- Main Roads WA – Traffic Management Accreditation Certificate – A4 Copy and Photo ID Card
All Statement of Attainments and Traffic Accreditation will be awarded by Construction Skills Training Centre (RTO Number: 1974)
There will be additional charges if hard copies of certificates are requested.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.