Refresher: Confined Space Entry + Gas Test
RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
MSMPER205 – Enter Confined Space
MSMPER200 – Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit
MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
COURSE FEE: $300
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds of up to 70% may be applicable for successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
This Confined Space Entry and Gas Test Atmospheres Refresher course is aimed at those who have previously undertaken training in Confined Space Entry & Gas Test Atmospheres training and need to refresh their skills and knowledge.
Participants will review:
- Define and identify different types of confined spaces
- Apply the entry requirements as per AS 2865
- Carry out hazard identification, risk assessment and controls
- Understand relevant legislation, regulations and standards
- Follow and apply isolation procedures
- Carry out purging, ventilation and cleaning requirements
- Accurately identify, apply and follow entry permits
- Correctly use PPE including respiratory protective equipment, lifelines and harnesses
- Understand and apply the roles and responsibilities of standby personnel
- Determine the type of gas/atmosphere to be tested
- Use gas testing equipment and interpret and report the readings
- Monitor the atmosphere throughout the work task
- Clean and maintain testing equipment
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
1/2 Day (4 hours)
Following industry standards, it is a Saferight requirement that students provide a copy of the following Statements of Attainment to show that the following was obtained within the last five (5) years:
- RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces, MSMPER205 – Enter Confined Space and MSMPER200 – Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit & MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces, MSMPER205 Enter Confined Space and MSMPER200 Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit and MSMWHS217 Gas Test Atmospheres as well as a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the Confined Space and Gas Test Atmospheres refresher course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 70% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.