Conduct Tip Truck Operations
RIIVEH304E - CONDUCT TIP TRUCK OPERATIONS
INCORPORATES DUMP TRUCK TRAINING PERTH OPERATIONS FOR SUPERVISORY AND TECHNICAL SPECIALIST ROLES
Saferight is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 5722) that conducts Nationally Accredited Tip Truck Training Courses in Perth for groups and individuals seeking work in the mining or construction industry.
In this Conduct Tip Truck Operations course, students will learn the basic principles of a tip truck as well as study how to prepare and plan for tip truck operations including loading, transporting and unloading. Following the theoretical component of this course, students will go through a practical demonstration and application of all course components including tip truck pre-checks and maintenance and must pass all assessments.
COURSE FEE: $950
CTF ELIGIBLE – YOU PAY ONLY $702* (Conditions Apply)
- Interested students/applicants will need to fill out Saferight’s Construction Training Fund (CTF) Application Form and “pay the gap” prior to booking a course with us. Click here to fill out Saferight’s CTF form.
- For more information about Construction Training Fund and eligibility criteria, please visit Saferight Construction Training Fund (CTF).
NATIONAL UNIT OF COMPETENCY
RIIVEH304E – Conduct Tip Truck Operations
ABOUT THE COURSE
This RIIVEH304E – Conduct Tip Truck Operations course offered by Saferight is an Australian nationally recognised qualification.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to conduct tip truck operations sometimes also known as a dump truck in the resources and infrastructure industries.
It applies to those working in supervisory and technical specialist roles. They generally work under minimal supervision to undertake a broad range of skilled applications in varied work contexts, using some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures.
Students will attain the practical application and knowledge required to operate a tipper truck which is sometimes also known as a dump truck including:
- Plan and prepare for tip truck operations
- Access, interpret and apply documentation required to conduct tip truck operations
- Carry out pre-start, start-up, park and shutdown according to workplace procedures
- Manage engine power, ensure the efficiency of truck movements, and minimise strain on the engine, drive line and gears according to manufacturer specifications
- Coordinate engine power with gear selection, ensure smooth transition and operation within torque range according to manufacturer specifications
- Load, transport and tip materials from the tip truck or the dump truck
- Position tip truck at load and discharge points with a minimum of manoeuvre
- Carry out smooth and controlled tip truck movements including the raising and lowering of the tray according to manufacturer specifications
- Ensure weight and distribution of load is assessed for the type of material and size of the vehicle within vehicle capacity according to manufacturer specifications
- Maintain safety and security of load, including load cover requirements, from loading site to discharge site according to manufacturer specifications
- Discharge load on the slope and/or over face at the fill site
- Dump and spread the material evenly according to workplace procedures
- Clear, lower and secure tray before resuming travel
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Provide a copy of your USI transcript.
Theory & Practical Training
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
TIP TRUCK / DUMP TRUCK CERTIFICATE
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will gain a Statement of Attainment in:
- RIIVEH304E – Conduct Tip Truck Operations
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
SUBSIDY/REBATE/DISCOUNT – CONSTRUCTION TRAINING FUND (CTF)
YOU ONLY PAY THE GAP
YOU ONLY PAY THE GAP
*CTF subsidy is granted to those who meet the eligibility criteria.
One of the main eligibility criteria includes Reference and Project Details of 6 months of construction work in WA out of the past 12 months prior to your course commencement with Saferight. For more information about Saferight’s CTF process, please see this page. If the student is deemed eligible for CTF, there will be a separate administrative fee of $30.
For more information, please see CTF Eligibility Criteria PDF Guide.
GROUP BOOKINGS / ON-SITE TRAINING
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
Main Training Location/Students To Arrive At: 107 Radium Street, Welshpool, WA 6106
- Theory Component: 107 Radium Street, Welshpool, WA 6106
- Practical Component: 104 Mills St, Queens Park WA 6107(Transport will be arranged by Saferight)
Please refer to our Refund/Cancellation Policy
SAFERIGHT TRAINING ACCREDITATION
NATIONALLY RECOGNISED CONDUCT TIP TRUCK OPERATIONS
Our Nationally Accredited RIIVEH304E – Conduct Tip Truck Operations training course in Perth is industry-recognised by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment on behalf of the State and Territory Governments. With a Statement of Attainment, you are eligible to work on industries that require tip truck operations such as transporting heavy and loose materials like sand and gravel in Construction, Oil & Gas and Mines & Maintenance.
ACCOMPLISH DUMP TRUCK TRAINING IN PERTH WITH SAFERIGHT
Composed of a dedicated team of facilitators, staff and supervisors, Saferight is a local training organisation (RTO Code 5722) with over 30 years of experience in the High-Risk industry. Our licenced and experienced facilitators conduct accredited and nationally recognised training to individuals and groups in our high-risk facility in Welshpool. We can help you secure your tip truck training certification in no time!