Telescopic Materials Handler
RIIHAN309E – Conduct Telescopic Materials Handler Operations
This onsite course is for private group bookings, for those currently working or seeking work in operational roles in the mining and construction industries and will be required to operate a telescopic materials handler in the workplace.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to safely and efficiently operate a telescopic materials handler and will be able to:
- Plan and prepare for telescopic materials handler operations
- Conduct telescopic material handler pre-operational checks
- Operate telescopic materials handler
- Attach, secure, lift, carry and place materials
- Select, remove and fit attachments
- Relocate the telescopic materials handler
- Carry out machine operator maintenance tasks
- Conduct housekeeping activities
- Must complete pre-course reading
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIHAN309E Conduct telescopic materials handler operations and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY (VOC) IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.