NON-SLEWING MOBILE CRANE (GREATER THAN 3 TONNES CAPACITY)
TLILIC0008 - LICENCE TO OPERATE A NON-SLEWING MOBILE CRANE (GREATER THAN 3 TONNES CAPACITY)
COURSE FEE: $1,065
CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR’S SPECIALS (DEC-JAN): $905
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
TLILIC0008 – Licence to Operate a Non-Slewing Mobile Crane (Greater than 3 Tonnes Capacity)
This CN Non-Slewing Crane Licence / Non-Slewing Mobile Crane Course is aimed at those currently working or seeking work in operational roles in the mining and construction industries who are required to operate a CN Non-Slewing Mobile Crane. This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to operate a non-slewing mobile crane with a Maximum Rated Capacity (MRC) exceeding 3 tonnes safely, in accordance with all relevant legislative responsibilities.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to safely and efficiently operate a CN Non-Slewing Mobile Crane and will be able to:
- Non-slewing mobile crane rated capacity (RC) and the lifting gear Working Load Limit (WLL) are established for the load/s and work/task requirements in accordance with manufacturer requirements and workplace procedures
- Appropriate paths for operating the mobile crane and moving and placing load/s in work area are assessed and determined in accordance with workplace procedures
- Appropriate communication procedures are identified and tested with associated personnel in accordance with workplace procedures
- Non-slewing mobile crane is accessed safely in accordance with manufacturer requirements and safe work procedures
- Pre-start crane checks are carried out and any damage and defects are reported, recorded and appropriate action is taken in accordance with manufacturer requirements and safe work procedures
- Mobile crane is set up correctly with any lifting gear as per the lift plan in accordance with relevant manufacturer requirements including load chart/s and safe work procedures
- Fly jib (if fitted) is set up as required in accordance with specific manufacturer requirements and safe work procedures
- Crane logbook is checked to confirm current compliance, is correct for the crane type, is completed and signed and required rectifications have been signed off in accordance with manufacturer requirements and safe work procedures
- Boom/jib and hook block is safely positioned over the load following directions from associated personnel in accordance with the lift plan and safe work procedures
Verification of Competency (VOC) is available for this course. For more information, please click here.
- Must have a Licence to Perform Dogging (CPCCLDG3001A)
- Must be 18 years old and above
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
On successful completion of this CN Non-Slewing Crane Licence course, students will be issued a digital copy (PDF) of a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- TLILIC0008 – Licence to Operate a Non-Slewing Mobile Crane (Greater than 3 Tonnes Capacity)
There will be additional charges if hard copies of certificates are requested.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
GROUP BOOKINGS/ON-SITE TRAINING
107 Radium Street, Welshpool, WA 6106