CARRY OUT BASIC DEMOLITION
CPCCCM2009A - Carry Out Basic Demolition
COURSE FEE: $400
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
This course is designed to give participants the knowledge and skills to remove components from single storey buildings and structures using basic demolition techniques. It includes the preparation of the site for the demolition process and the removal of building components.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to remove components from single storey buildings and structures using basic demolition techniques and will be able to:
- Obtain, confirm, and apply relevant work instructions, including plans, specifications, quality requirements and operational details for planning of basic demolition processes.
- Follow Safety (OHS) requirements in accordance with safety plans and policies.
- Identify and implement signage and barricade requirements.
- Plant, tools, and equipment are selected to carry out tasks are consistent with job requirements, checked for serviceability, and any faults are rectified or reported prior to commencement.
- Environmental requirements are identified for the project in accordance with environmental plans and statutory and regulatory authority obligations and are applied.
- Requirements of the site demolition plan are interpreted in accordance with workplace procedures and construction type.
- Property/dilapidation survey is completed to assess condition of work site and surrounds prior to work commencing and for preparation of work areas.
- Confirmation is obtained from supervisor/regulatory authorities that all existing services have been disconnected before commencing demolition tasks.
- Hazardous material is identified for separate handling in accordance with workplace requirements and instructions.
- Building components are removed in a directed sequence in accordance with site demolition plan, demolition method statement, standards, and workplace procedures.
This course has been designed to suit the specific requirements associated with WorkSafe Western Australia Licensing Requirements and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations of Western Australia. A licence is required in Western Australia for certain types of demolition works. Only a licence holder or an employee of a licence holder may carry out demolition work. This course is required for anyone looking to obtain a Class 1, 2 or 3 demolition licence.
- Must have completed the unit CPCCWHS2001 – Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the Construction Industry
- Must be 18 years old and above
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this Carry Out Basic Demolition course, students will be issued with a digital copy (PDF) of a:
- Statement of Attainment for CPCCCM2009A – Carry Out Basic Demolition.
There will be additional charges if hard copies of certificates are requested.
Statement of Attainment will be awarded by Construction Skills Training Centre (RTO Number: 1974)
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.