Operate Breathing Apparatus – Refresher
MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus
This course is aimed at those who have previously completed training in operating breathing apparatus and are required to refresh their skills and knowledge.
Participants will review and refresh their skills and knowledge in:
- Understanding the respiratory system and the effects of irrespirable atmospheres on the body
- Applying the principles of breathing apparatus control
- Carrying out inspection and pre-donning checks and correctly don breathing apparatus
- Operating breathing apparatus
- Cleaning and maintaining breathing apparatus
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
Group bookings/Onsite training available at your site or ours. Please contact our office on 9334 1000 or email email@example.com for pricing and site requirements.
- Participants must be clean shaven in order to attend the course
- Participants must hold a current Statement of Attainment for Operate Breathing Apparatus (MSMWHS216 or equivalent issued within the last two (2) years prior to attending this course
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for MSMWHS216 Operate Breathing Apparatus and a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.