RIIVEH305E – Operate and Maintain a Four Wheel Drive Vehicle
TLIC2025 - Operate Four Wheel Drive Vehicle
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to operate a four wheel drive (4WD) vehicle.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to operate and maintain a 4WD vehicle on and off road and will be able to:
- Identify 4WD and defensive driving specific terms, terminology and techniques
- Identify and demonstrate the use of front wheel hubs
- Plan for minimal environmental impact
- Perform pre-departure checks
- Engage 4WD mode
- Use appropriate range, gear, speed, driving and braking technique, negotiate a range of terrain types whilst maintaining control of the vehicle, on and off road
- Perform recovery of a 4WD vehicle
- Identify, address and report potential hazards and risks
- Conduct inspection and perform maintenance and minor repairs
- Perform wheel change
GROUP BOOKINGS / ONSITE TRAINING
- Students must hold a current Australian Drivers Licence (Class C – Manual). Licences must be presented to the assessor prior to the commencement of the course. Please advise when booking if you hold an extraordinary licence as particular conditions may apply
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIVEH305E Operate and Maintain a Four Wheel Drive Vehicle and TLIC2025 Operate a Four Wheel Drive Vehicle. Students will also receive a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
WHAT DO I DO ON THE DAY?
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Students will be provided with morning tea and refreshments for all courses run at Saferight.
Saferight has kitchen facilities for people who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively, there are cafes and lunch bars within close proximity.
On completion of the course, students working in the construction industry may be eligible to apply for a subsidy of up to 80% from the Construction Training Fund. Click here for more information.