4WD – Online Course
RIIVEH305E – Operate and Maintain a Four Wheel Drive Vehicle
TLIC2025 - Operate Four Wheel Drive Vehicle
COURSE FEE: PRICE UPON APPLICATION (POA)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a booking.
CTF FUNDED COURSE – FILL UP OUR CTF FORM HERE & WE’LL HELP YOU CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Financial refunds apply to successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Saferight would like to thank CTF for funding support for construction industry workers.
When booking this course, you will:
- First select the date you wish come to our Saferight training facility for a practical assessment
- Before attending the practical assessment, you will need to undertake an online learning course module and theory assessment.
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to operate a four wheel drive (4WD) vehicle.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to operate and maintain a 4WD vehicle on and off road and will be able to:
- Identify 4WD and defensive driving specific terms, terminology and techniques
- Identify and demonstrate the use of front wheel hubs
- Plan for minimal environmental impact
- Perform pre-departure checks
- Engage 4WD mode
- Use appropriate range, gear, speed, driving and braking technique, negotiate a range of terrain types whilst maintaining control of the vehicle, on and off road
- Perform recovery of a 4WD vehicle
- Identify, address and report potential hazards and risks
- Conduct inspection and perform maintenance and minor repairs
- Perform wheel change
ONLINE THEORY COMPONENT
You will need access to a computer where you will have access to the Training Manual and will be required to correctly answer a range of questions.
On successful completion of the online theory component you will then be required to come to Saferight’s training centre where you will complete a practical assessment to verify this was completed by you and application of your skills can be re-assessed.
Once your booking has been processed you will be sent an email containing the login details to commence the online theory component along with confirmation of the date and time selected for the re-assessment of your skills.
To qualify as having completed the course you must:
- Answer each online question correctly.
- Provide a copy of your USI transcript.
- Complete Student Enrolment Form
- Successfully complete the skills re-assessment which is to be carried out at Saferight’s training centre. This is the date you selected when making your booking.
Completion of the practical assessments will take place onsite at our training centre at which point you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have. You will then complete the practical assessment.
- Students must hold a current Australian Drivers Licence (Class C – Manual). Licences must be presented to the assessor prior to the commencement of the course. Please advise when booking if you hold an extraordinary licence as particular conditions may apply
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness to Complete Training’ form. The student is required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
Online knowledge component – 2-3 hours approx. – [Completed at home]
Practical Training – Half Day – [Completed at our training facility]
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for RIIVEH305E Operate and Maintain a Four Wheel Drive Vehicle and TLIC2025 Operate a Four Wheel Drive Vehicle. Students will also receive a wallet sized card.
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) must be supplied and verified prior to issuance.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, industry standards recommend retraining every two years.