Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Saferight Web site. The Saferight Web site at http://saferight.com.au (the “Site”) is a shopping website where you can browse, select and order products and/or services from Saferight.
We reserve the right to make changes to its Legal Notices and Conditions of Use at any time. Each time you use this Site you should visit and review the current Legal Notices and Conditions of Use that apply to your use of this Site and any transactions made while on the Site. If you are dissatisfied with, its content or Legal Notices and Conditions of Use, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site
Tampering with the Site, misrepresenting your identity, using buying agents or conducting fraudulent activities on the Site are prohibited.
Your access to and use of the Site, including your order of Products through the Site, is governed by these terms and conditions and form a binding contractual agreement between you, the user of the Site and Saferight Pty Ltd and its associated entities
Our website prices and offers are subject to change without notice.
Saferight Pty Ltd has adopted the National Privacy Principles as set out in Schedule 3 to the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
To view the Schedule visit http://www.privacy.gov.au/materials/types/infosheets/view/658
What personal Information does Saferight collect about you?
The type of information we request from you will depend on the type of product or service we provide you, and may include the following:
- Your name and address and other contact information;
- Details of your purchases.
We only collect information that is needed by us to provide the services that we offer. You are not required to give us any personal information which may be requested, however if you do not it may affect our ability to provide you with our products or services.
We use your personal information to do certain things, including to:
- Undertake actions on your behalf;
- Administer and manage the services we provide you;
- Provide you with information about other products or services that may be of benefit to you;
- facilitate our internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal requirements.
We may need or be required to disclose personal information to various parties including:
- To our agents, contractors or third party service providers that provide financial, administrative of other services in connection with the operation of our business;
- Where the law requires or permits us to do so (e.g. to law enforcement agencies); or
- If you consent.
By supplying us your information, you have given us permission to communicate to you via mail, e-mail, MMS, SMS, and telephone, regarding our products services, for an indefinite period of time.
We take all reasonable steps to protect all personal or company information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your information is stored securely whether in an electronic or physical form. For example, only personnel requiring access to the information are allowed access. All personal, company or confidential information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
Some information is kept for a number of years to comply with legal requirements. Any personal information that is no longer needed is destroyed.
Access and Correction
You can request access at any time to personal information that we hold. We will process your request within a reasonable time. There is no fee for requesting access to your information; however we may charge you the reasonable cost of processing your request. You may ask us at any time to correct personal information held by us about you which you believe is incorrect or out of date.
We aim to ensure that all information we hold, which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. You must notify us if there are any changes to your personal information.
Ratings and Reviews
Saferight reserves the right to publish part or all of your submitted reviews or ratings together with your first name and suburb.
Feel free to contact the Privacy Officer at Our Belmont location on 08 9334 1000.
When you visit the Saferight website the following information will be recorded by our Internet Service Provider (ISP) for statistical purposes:
- Your server address
- Your top level domain name (e.g., .com, .gov, .au, etc.)
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site visited
- The type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing activities from these records except in the unlikely event of an investigation by the ISP, or where a law enforcement agency exercises a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s logs.
Our site contains cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is sent back to your computer’s hard drive from a host website. They record your preferences in relation to your use of a site and provide us with other information about your enquiry that allows us to recognize you in the future. The cookies on our sites do not read the information on your hard drive. They do not make your computer perform any actions or make your computer send information to any other computer via the Internet.
You agree to comply with all relevant laws, state or federal, relating to your use of the Site and your placement of any order through the Site.
You agree not to use any data listed on the site for commercial purposes e.g. through price or information scraping.
Tampering with the Site, misrepresenting the identity of a user, using buying agents or conducting fraudulent activities on the Site are prohibited.
If you use the Site and have been granted an account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
If you check out as a Guest, full access to functionality on the Site may not be available to you including order history, order status, address book and receipt of additional marketing communications.
In order to create an Account, you must provide personal details and contact information
Regardless of whether you create an Account or check out as a guest you warrant that the details you provide to us are accurate and correct and you accept the responsibility that fulfilment of your order is predicated on the information you have provided to us is correct at the time of ordering.
The Site is intended for use by individuals 18 years of age or older. The Site is not directed for use by children under the age of 18. Users under the age of 18 should get the assistance of a parent or guardian to use this site.
You must contact us immediately if you believe someone else has access to your Account.
We may use third-party software to verify your account or account details.
We reserve the right to modify your personal Accounts and/or Orders where the information provided is discontinued or obsolete, incomplete, incorrect, misleading, inactive for a reasonable period, or We have not been able to contact you using the information provided with your Account or Guest account, and/or where We believe your Account is being used for purposes that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
We reserves the right to modify or terminate an Account or Account details at Our absolute discretion, including the right to delete, merge or amalgamate duplicate Accounts held by you. We make no warranty to the completeness of the information that you provide us.
Non-compliance with these third-party websites may limit your ability to Order, be provided with Goods, rebates or bonus offers in conjunction with your Purchase.
This Website is designed for Australian customers. International purchases are welcome but all prices provided are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
By using the Site, you expressly agree that use of the Site is at your sole risk.
To the full extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability in respect of loss of data, interruption of business or any consequential or incidental damages.
To the full extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, warranties or terms (whether express or implied) other than those expressly set out in these Terms.
These Terms are to be read subject to any legislation which prohibits or restricts the exclusion, restriction or modification of any implied warranties, conditions or obligations. If such legislation applies, to the extent possible, we limit our liability in respect of any claim to, at our option:
A – In the case of goods:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
b. the repair of the goods;
c. the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
d. the payment of having the goods repaired; and
B.- In case of services:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
We and Our affiliates, subsidiaries or designees nor each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, third-party content providers, designers, contractors, distributors, merchants, sponsors, licensors or the like (collectively, “Associates”) warrant that use of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free.
We do not warrant the accuracy, integrity or completeness of the content provided on the Site or the products or services offered for sale on the Site.
No oral advice or written information given by us shall create a warranty.
We are not liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from your use of or inability to use the Site, including but not limited to reliance by you on any information obtained from the Site that results in mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion or corruption of files, viruses, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance.
The foregoing Limitation of Liability shall apply in any action, whether in contract, tort or any other claim, even if we have been advised of or should have knowledge of the possibility of such damages.
You hereby acknowledge that this paragraph shall apply to all content, merchandise and services available through the Site.
Should we suffer any damage as a result of a transaction entered into by a minor, compensation can be sought from parents or legal guardians of the minor.
Errors on Our Site
Errors will be corrected where discovered, and We reserve the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged.
The Site attempts to display product images shown on the site as accurately as possible. However, we cannot guarantee that the colour you see matches the product colour, as the display of the colour depends, in part, upon the monitor you are using.
Right to Download
You may only download Content displayed on Our Site for non-commercial, personal use provided you also retain all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices contained in the material, do not modify or alter the material and do not copy or post the material on any network computer or broadcast the material in any media. It is strictly prohibited to modify, transmit, distribute, reuse, repost, “frame” or use the content of Our Site including the text, images, audio and/or video for public or commercial purposes without written permission from us. It is strictly prohibited to download the images of the products for sale within this site.
All content included on or comprising Our Site including information, data, software, photographs, graphs, videos, typefaces, graphics, music, sounds and other material (collectively “Content”) is protected by copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights, and these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or developed in the future. All Content is copyrighted as a collective work under Australian and international copyright laws which We own, to the fullest extent allowed by such laws, the copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of all Content.
Except as expressly authorized or licensed, you may not copy, modify, remove, delete, augment, add to, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, lease or rental of, create derivative works from or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part.
Our logos and other trademarks on the site are the property of their respective owners and are owned by, licensed to, or, where required, used with our permission and may not be reproduced, copied, or manipulated in any manner without the our express, written approval.
We appreciate any product reviews, information or material submitted to the Website (“content submissions”). All content submissions sent to us will be deemed not to be confidential.
You must not use this Website to:
- Make content submissions that breach any laws, infringe a third party’s rights or are contrary to any relevant standards or codes, including, but not limited to breaches of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth);
- Interfere with other users or prevents any other person from using or enjoying the Site;
- Defame, harass, threaten or offend any person
- Make fraudulent or speculative enquiries, purchases or requests
- Post or transmit any obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or any other material that may give rise to civil or criminal proceedings
Content contributions made to this Site are not a guarantee of publication or application. We reserve the right to:
- Reject, ignore or refuse any content contribution; and
- Investigate and verify the validity of content contributions made to the site, including the identity, age, employer, and place of residence made of any person making a content contribution to this site.
By using this Site, you agree that any information (except for purchase information), materials, suggestions, ideas or comments you send to us or any other third party using this Site is non-confidential. By submitting any solicited or unsolicited information using Our Site, you grant Us an irrevocable and unrestricted license to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute such materials, information, suggestions, ideas or comments for any purpose whatsoever to the extent permitted by law.
Notification of Copyright Infringement Under Copyright Act
If you believe that your copyrighted material may have been infringed, please provide Our Legal Department with the following information in writing:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and if available, an e-mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Saferight Pty Ltd.
PO Box 176
Fax: 08 9334 1000
This Site is created in New South Wales, operated and controlled by us in the State of Western Australia. The laws of the State of Western Australia will govern the Legal Notices and Conditions of Use without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of laws.
Links to Third-Party Web Sites
This Site contains links to other sites operated by third-parties, including but not limited to third-party sites that display our trademarks (“Third-Party Site(s)”). These links are available for your convenience and are intended only to enable access to these Third-Party Sites and for no other purpose.
We do not warrant or make any representation about the substance, quality, functionality, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability or any other representation about any Third-Party Site or its content. A link to a Third-Party Site on this Site does not constitute sponsorship, endorsement, approval or responsibility for any Third-Party Site. We make no representation or warranty as to any products or services offered on any Third-Party Site.
If you use this Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and password.
This Site may only be used for lawful purposes. Activities including, but not limited to, tampering with the site, misrepresenting the identity of a user, using buying agents or conducting fraudulent activities on the site are prohibited.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of this Site, including, without limitation,
- Accessing data not intended for such user or logging onto a server or an account which the user is not authorized to access;
- Using the Site for unintended purposes or trying to change the behaviour of the Site;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation via means of submitting a virus to the site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing” or “crashing;”
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability; or
- Forging communications on behalf of the Site (impersonating this Site) or to the Site (impersonating as a legitimate user). Sending unsolicited and unauthorized e-mail on behalf of us, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, is expressly prohibited. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
You agree not to use any device, software or routine or data to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activity being conducted on this Site.
You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, data or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the Site other than the search engine and search agents provided by Us or generally publicly available browsers.