Saferight offers BSB41419-Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety. The team at Saferight has put together comprehensive modules to ensure your training is sufficient to apply these skills in your role in WHS-related positions.
Health and safety advisor, HSE Advisor, Safety Advisor, Occupational Health and Safety Officer
What is a Health and Safety Advisor?
They are responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating health and safety management plans, policies and systems, as well as conducting inspections to identify and remedy potential risks or dangers in the workplace. They must make sure all employees have received relevant and up-to-date occupational health and safety training. Occupational health and safety advisers may also be involved in investigating accidents and injuries, assisting with the rehabilitation of affected workers, and identifying causes to prevent future incidents. They also coordinate the return of injured workers back into the workplace.
What does a Health and Safety Advisor do?
• Promoting healthy and safe working methods and practices in the workplace.
• Ensuring state-of-the-art health and safety compliance across the whole organisation.
• Identifying, recording and reporting hazards, accidents, injuries and health issues.
• Assisting with investigation of accidents, studying possible causes and providing remedial advice.
• Conducting health and safety training sessions for management, supervisors and workers.
• Assisting with rehabilitation of workers after accidents and overseeing their successful return to work.
• Coordinating emergency procedures and first aid crews.
• Developing OHS plans and monitoring compliance.
• Inspecting workplace and related tools and equipment to ensure compliance with regulations.
Click here for more information about the BSB41419-Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety course in Perth.
If you’re seeking a career in work, health and safety (WHS), or looking for more information on where to complete your Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety, our team at Saferight is here to help. For more information, send us a message through our contact form or phone us on 1800 352 335 today!