As a client/student of Saferight Training Academy, you trust us not only to teach you world’s best safety practices, but to do so safely and responsibly. Today, as the world comes to terms with an unprecedented health risk of COVID-19 (Corona Virus), values of safety and transparency are more important to us than ever. Therefore, I’d like to take this opportunity to share some insight into some different measures that we are taking to guarantee that our training courses continue to meet and exceed the highest standards of safety and hygiene.
Safety & Hygiene
Before we begin each training:
Before students enter the training facility:
Students are required to fill out a declaration form before attending the course, stating that:
- They are well, have not returned from a high-risk country in the last 14 days
- Have not been exposed to anyone who has tested positive to COVID-19
- Have not been tested and are not pending results.
Precautionary Measures Taken at our Belmont Training Facility:
- Saferight is issuing our own manufactured Saferight P2 face masks to each individual student upon signing in for the course.
- One face mask is provided for free to each student who attends training. These masks are reusable and washable to protect the health of students during the training.
- Desks, Door handles and surfaces are wiped down on the premises every hour with medical grade disinfectant.
- Cups and Utensils are washed at a high -temperatures, however we have supplied disposable products for the students to use.
- Students temperatures will begin to be taken before they even enter the Saferight premises, if above a certain degree they won’t be allowed on site.
- A hand sanitizing station has been set up in the sign in area.
- Morning tea that is supplied to students is individually packaged.
- All equipment used for training is thoroughly cleaned before and after every use. Saferight are also looking into supplying each student their own individual package of training equipment that can be taken home with them. (This would be at an additional cost and only if requested by the company the student is employed by)
This strong focus on hygiene extends to our entire organisation including our administrative office. We fully understand the growing concerns of health risk when sending employees to our training facility. Rest assured, we are taking the necessary precautions to protect the health of our community and students.
Here are some safety practices that the Health Department says will help us stay healthy:
- Stay home if you are sick, have a fever or cough, or if you have been exposed to someone who
has the Corona virus or travelled to a high-risk country
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue/inner elbow
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects
- Avoid touching your face
For the latest and most accurate updates, please refer to the following websites:
Again, we urge our community to remain alert but not alarmed. We will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves and advise you of any information relevant.
Director of Saferight Training